UAE has provided expats with a range of visas keeping in mind different requirements of every individual, be it a business owner, a freelancer or a dependent of an expat employee.
There are different requirement for every different visa types. Here is a list of requirement for family or dependent visa.
Family or Dependents Visa UAE Requirements
A major percentage of the expatriates or working population in the U.A.E. lives away from their family and most of them come to the country leaving behind their wife and children.
Expatriates (employer & employees) holding a valid U.A.E. residence visa are eligible to sponsor their family and sponsoring the immediate family members such as wife and children is a relatively inexpensive affair.
Male residents or husband employed in the U.A.E. withdrawing a minimum salary of AED 4,000 & a 1 Bedroom accommodation can sponsor their immediate family.
Family members are issued 2 or 3 years visa depending on the jurisdiction (Dubai Mainland or Free zone) the sponsor is employed and their visa status.
As per the regulations, Expatriates employees are issued 2 or 3 years residence visa, while the Expatriates employer or investors are issued 3 years residence visa. Basically, a sponsored resident gets the privilege to enjoy the same visa duration as their sponsor which needs to be renewed prior to the expiry of the sponsor’s visa to avoid overstay penalties.
Requirements to obtain Family or Dependents Visa
An expatriate resident can sponsor the residence visa for his wife & children by fulfilling the following sponsorship requirements set by General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA)
|Sr. No.||REQUIRED DOCUMENTS|
|Passport copies of the wife and children (valid for six months)|
|4 Passport size photos of the wife and children in a white background|
|Original Emirates ID of Sponsor|
|Insurance copy of the Sponsor|
|Original Marriage Certificate Attested and translated in Arabic – (Attested in UAE Embassy home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE)|
|Original Birth Certificate of the child Attested and translated in Arabic – (Attested in UAE Embassy home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE)|
|Passport and Residence visa colour copy of the sponsor (High Resolution)|
|Original Salary Certificate from the employer stating the employee’s monthly salary (If from a Free Zone, then letter for the Free Zone Authority in Arabic)|
|Original Labour Contract of the Sponsor|
|EJARI of the sponsor’s house (1BHK)|
|Latest Water & Electricity Bill under the name of the Sponsor|
|Trade License colour copy (High Resolution) – In case of an Employer or Investor|
|Memorandum & Articles of Association copy of the Company (High Resolution) – In case of an Employer or Investor|
|Original 6 months Company or Personal Bank Statement of the Company – In case of an Employer or Investor|
Time Frame required to obtain Family or Dependents Visa
On average, it takes between 10 to 15 working days, after receiving the documents for initiating the visa application and in some cases it may take more time to receive the approvals from Immigration department of the respective emirate.
Information you should know about Family or Dependents Visa:
- If the dependant is outside the UAE, we need to first apply for an entry permit or E-visa and once they enter the country, the visa stamping has to be completed within 60 days.
- The marriage certificate should be attested by the embassy in the home country and then needs to be cross attested by Ministry of foreign affairs in the UAE. Also needs to be translated in Arabic.
- Medicals will be treated as “Urgent Medical (VIP)” unless specified by the Client. Normal Medical cost – AED 500.
- If the dependant’s age is below 18, the medical is not required.
- If the sponsor is holding an investor visa, a bank guarantee of AED 3,050.00 has to be deposited in the immigration department under the current regulations.
- If the resident dependant is overstaying, they will be subject to a fine of approx. AED 120 for the first day and thereafter AED 25 for each day under the current regulations.
- If the dependant is inside the country on a visit visa and is overstaying, they will be subject to a fine of approx. AED 200 for the first day and thereafter AED 100 for each day under the current regulations.
- The dependants should not be out of UAE for more than 6 months at a stretch, else the visa will be invalid for use in the future to enter the country.
Why outsource visa processing services to us?
- Collection & Delivery Service: – Document processing is hassle free because we pick up documents from your door step and deliver it to you right after clearing from the government offices.
- Dedicated Consultant: – Centralized point of contact for all services.
- Time Saver: – We enable you to devote your time on your personal and company’s important matters and process the visa from obtaining the entry permit to visa stamping on your behalf.
For any further assistance or free consultation you can contact on +971 54 329 7867 or drop an email here
Contributed by: ASHWIN CHANDRASHEKAR
“Ashwin Chandrashekar is a specialist in processing, renewing & cancelling all types of visas including Maid Visa, Family or Dependent Visa, Employment Visa, Ladies work permit and has hands on experience in dealing with government authorities during every stage of the process. His other expertise are Company Formation including Dubai Mainland or LLC Company, Free Zone Company & Offshore Company, De-registration or Liquidation of Company, VAT Registration & VAT Filing Services.”