Dubai is one of the largest and most important hub of international trade for the export/import of various products. Hence to regulate the quality and maintain the standards, it is Compulsory to register such cosmetic products by law before launching (selling) them in the U.A.E market.
What is Product Registration?
Product Registration is the process of registering the products with Dubai Municipality. The government of Dubai regulates the manufacture, sale and import of cosmetic products. By requiring that all the products which are being used in the domestic market to be registered prior to placing in Dubai market.
It is necessary to emphasize that no cosmetic product shall be manufactured, imported, exported, advertised, sold or distributed in Dubai unless it has been registered in accordance with Dubai Municipality regulation. Registering your products in Dubai gives you access to the whole GCC market, in a hassle free way.
Why Product Registration?
First of all, we should understand why one should register his/her products in Dubai. Product Registration in Dubai restricts the trading of fake and harmful products in the domestic markets, to ensure the customer safety and quality of the product.
A survey wherein the test sample products including toothpaste, face masks, whitening creams, perfumes and other similar cosmetic products contained harmful chemicals. There is no doubt that these daily use products which are highly linked to human health as there are 1001 chemicals in their ingredients that may be harmful to health.
In the survey Dubai municipality found that there are some harmful chemicals used in various cosmetics. For example lead, chromium and arsenic found 30, 20 and 25 per cents respectively in 3,000 products. Also, there were some other chemicals like alcohol, mercury and hydrogen peroxide. Consequently, these products are banned since they are not safe to use. Dubai Municipality would focus on inspection and random testing, in coordination with companies, factories, as well as with distributors.
The major job of Dubai municipality product registration is to control the entry of such products into the market. It is a matter of fact that municipality is framing policies for a long run.
Advantages for the manufacturer/trader:
- Label protection.
- Brand protection.
- Import and re-export rights.
- Hassle free trade in U.A.E and outside U.A.E.
What is the Validity of product registration?
The registration of a cosmetic product is valid for 5 years.
What are the Products to register?
In conclusion, any substances or products projected to be placed in contact with the number of external parts of the human body (epidermis, nails, hair system, lips and external genital organs) or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. Hence products with an intention of exclusively or mainly to clean, perfume, correct body odors, change appearance protect and/or keep these parts in good condition are therefore to be registered.
List Of Few Cosmetic Products
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters, Deodorants, antiperspirants and Cologne
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Product for waving, straightening and fixing
- Hair tints and bleaches
- Setting products
- Products for care of the teeth and mouth
- Cleansing products and Conditioning products
- Hairdressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantine’s)
- Products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Nail care and make-up products
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Sunbathing and tanning products
- Skin-whitening products
Whom to approach?
For registering your product and for any further clarification feel free to reach out to me. We appreciate your custom and assure you of our best service at all times.