Why choose twofour54 Free zone for business registration?
Time for Media entrepreneurs to capitalize the opportunity!
twofour54, Abu Dhabi is a Media & Entertainment hub and is named after the geographical location (24° N, 54° E). The mission of twofour54 is to promote and develop the media businesses and professionals by offering a fully integrated and supportive ecosystem that delivers world-class production services and talent development.
twofour54 is regulated by Media Zone Authority (MZA) Abu Dhabi and MZA is responsible for the establishment and registration of companies.
Located in the heart of one of the fastest growing media markets in the world, twofour54 offers convenient and cost efficient solutions for running businesses.
Media Zone Authority is aligned with Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
The Media Zone Authority strives to facilitate the growth and development of Abu Dhabi Media industry through the implementation of transparent, consistent and effective regulations and strategic media initiatives.
twofour54 is home to most of the global giant of the media industry including BBC, CNN, FOX Television, National Geographic Channels, Sky News Arabia, Cartoon Network, Ubisoft, Bayt.com, Rotana Studios, Financial Times, Image Nation, PublicisLive, Flash, Jawaker, and Abu Dhabi Media to name a few and over 400 companies have already capitalized the advantages. Be it small or big, the companies can thrive and prosper.
twofour54 offers a number of business set up options to choose from when starting or expanding your media and entertainment business operations. Following are the types of licenses:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC): An independent legal entity with individual, corporate shareholders or a mixture of both shareholders.
- Branch: A company owned 100% by the existing UAE-based or foreign company incorporated in another jurisdiction or free zone.
- Start-Ups: This option is only offered to entrepreneurs and small start-ups, allowing them to obtain a license in the media free zone to utilize a single physical workstation at different times or in simple terms without the need to rent office space (virtual office). However, the license is limited to content creation entrepreneurial start-ups which are in the business of digital content creation.
- Freelancers: The Freelancer License offers individuals the ability to operate as a freelance media professional (sole proprietor) within the twofour54 media & entertainment hub.
Benefits of twofour54 freezone
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% exemption from personal and corporate tax
- 0% import duty
- 30% cash-back rebate from the Abu Dhabi Film Commission on productions, including feature films, television dramas (including series), commercials, other television formats, such as documentaries and telemovies shot in Abu Dhabi; and post-production, digital content services, visual effects (PDV) services for projects shot inside or outside Abu Dhabi, travel and accommodation.
- Highly cost-effective office solutions
- No security deposit required for employment visa
- No minimum share capital requirements.
Licensing and registration fees summary:
|Types of Setup||License Fee||Registration Fee (one-time only)|
NOTE: PO Box Registration is mandatory for all types of setup and the cost for the same is AED 1,250 + VAT.
|Office Types||No. ofActivities||No. of employees||Fee – AED|
|Private office space||Up to 5***||Varies depending on office space**||AED 50,000 per annum **|
|Serviced Desk||2||2||AED 30,000 per annum +AED 2,500 (security deposit)|
|Hot-Desk||1||2||AED 25,000 per annum|
|Entrepreneurs & Khalifa Fund||1||2||Virtual|
** Depends on availability of office type and size at the time of application
*** Number of activities is subject to approval, any additional activity will be charged AED 1,000 per activity
Business Activity List:
|Content Production – Corporate||Content Production – Digital||Content Production – Publications|
|Location Management Services||Marketing and Communications||Media Research Services|
|Post-Production Services||Pre-Production Services||Production Equipment Hire|
|Rights Management – Music||Set Design||Software Development|
|Content Management and Monitoring Services||Content Portal Management||Content Production – Audio Visual|
|Event Management||Gaming Development||Graphic Design|
|Media Training||Music Production and Recording||News Gathering Services|
|Production Services||Public Relations||Rights Management – Content|
|Talent Management Services|
For more information, please feel free to contact Mr. Ashwin Chandrashekar.
Ashwin Chandrashekar is a specialist in processing, renewing & cancelling all types of visas including Maid Visa, UAE Family or Dependent Visa, Employment Visa, Ladies work permit and has hands on experience in dealing with government authorities during every stage of the process. His other expertise are Company Formation including Dubai Mainland or LLC Company, Free Zone Company & Offshore Company, De-registration or Liquidation of Company, VAT Registration & VAT Filing Services.”
Call on: +971 506381250 or drop an email to email@example.com